Study slump is a condition when you have become tired or demotivated by studying for particular time period. So many students faces study slump during their exam. When they have been constantly studying without a break and started to feel pressure. Study slump means when you are trying to learn, memorize or understand something but your brain has refused to process that information is called study slump. These slumps happen time to time and perfectly normal while studying for long without breaks or having proper meals and sleep.
We have some tips to avoid study slump:
1. Short breaks:
While students are studying for long time period without breaks their mind stop absorbing new information so to avoid the condition of study slump it is important to take a small break, give your brain a short rest. If it’s possible for you, go out of your study zone and start involving yourself in small talks with friends and family or take a shower to cool down. You can also go for a short walk with a tea or a coffee to make yourself relax and calm. Taking small break is very good while studying constantly because it can provide you refresh start and also helps to divert your mind from constant worrying and pressure of studies and exams. Short breaks always works and need while constant studying, it can later provide you better understanding of topic and will help you learn more quickly.
2. Take help from friends:
Reach out to your friends and classmate and take advice on your situation that how you overcome your demotivation and blockage. Ask your friends to share some tips to stay motivated while studying, your friends also might be feeling the same way so it would help both of you to motivate each other. Friends might have different or easy ways to learn or study a specific topic, they can refer you different website or tutorial for marketing assignment help, which can will lead to resolve your problems. Although you are studying alone but after talking to your friends will refresh your mind and open up different ways of learning same topic because your classmate might make you understand the same topic easily and clearly.
3. Change your places:
It is the end of semester and so much work is left for students and you are worried because of your exams, to do my economics assignments, projects, and research work. Everything is accumulated and you are under pressure wanted to study but stuck and demotivated? So for all those reasons there is a one possible solution which is constantly changing places for studying, one day study at home, other day at library, try group studies or study at café and find out if it energizes you and helps you to study with motivation. Changing places sometime helps students to break the study slump because your mind will not stuck with the same input and it has different environment and setting to stay energize and motivated.
4. Change or mix up study techniques:
Students usually studying for long hours in a same way which makes their mind stuck and creates blockage to absorb the information. Think about changing the way you study or organize information. Everybody is different and has different capacity to learn and retain information, but by changing the methods of studying can lead to refresh your mind and absorb more information. There are four types of studying style, visual, auditory, reading and writing (TDH, 2019). To keep yourself motivated you should try to use mix of these learning style it will help to memorize and understand the specific topic quickly.
5. Seek help from your tutor:
If you have tried all the strategies mention above but couldn’t fox your problem of study slump, than you should seek help form you tutor. Tutor is always here to provide guidance to their students so they should feel free to contact them and ask them for advice that how they can overcome this problem. Tutor has been teaching many students and well aware with the fact that how studies sometime could be very demotivating, they will provide you with learning support to improve your grades. Working with a tutor offers additional individualized learning to support the classroom experience. It can also help students improve their grades on assignments. Enhanced organization. A tutor can help your student stay on track with scheduling and completing assignments. (Amamoua Envelope, S. and Cheniti-Belcadhia, L. (2018)
6. Recall your goal:
When nothing is working to motivate you to start asking yourself questions why are you studying?You are the purpose? What is your goal? What do you want to achieve in life and how studies are going to help you achieve your dream job? Write your goals somewhere, so that you can see them daily and recall them in your mind to stay motivated it will provide you a reason to struggle and work hard to achieve your goals. Remembering your end goal will motivate you to study hard and will break your study slump. Every assignment you complete brings you one step closer to your dream of graduating and working in your favorite industry.
You can do this!
Let’s have a quick check!
What is a study slump? – Study slump is a condition when you have become tired or demotivated by studying for the particular time period.
6 tips to avoid study slump
- Short breaks: take short breaks to avoid falling into study slump and it will refresh your mind, give your brain a short rest.
- Take help from friends: Reach out to your friends and classmate and take advice on your situation that how you can overcome your demotivation.
- Change your places: try to change places for studying, one day study at home, library, try group studies or study at café.
- Change or mix up study techniques: Think about changing the way you study or organize information. By changing the methods of studying can lead to refresh your mind and absorb more information.
- Seek help from your tutor: reach out to your tutor, Tutor is always here to provide guidance to their students so students should feel free to contact them.
- Recall your goal: Write your goals somewhere, so that you can see them daily and recall them in your mind to stay motivated.
- Amamoua Envelope, S. and Cheniti-Belcadhia, L. (2018) Tutoring in Project-Based Learning, Procardia Computer Science. Elsevier. Available at: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1877050918311955 (Accessed: December 12, 2022).
- 2019, T.D.H. (2019) 5 amazing ways students can make use of social media in their education, Cheap Dissertation Writing Services. Available at: https://thedissertationhelp.co.uk/5-amazing-ways-students-can-make-use-of-social-media-in-their-education/ (Accessed: December 12, 2022).