The weather of winter can be very hard on human skin. Furthermore, it can be hard on the feet as well. And this is very difficult to maintain the softness of your feet because the winter can be hard on your feet. The skin of our feet is commonly drier than the rest of the body. There are no oil glands underneath the feet to keep them hydrated naturally in the winter. It may cause many diseases such as eczema and diabetes if we don’t take care of our feet. Therefore, we should take care of our feet in the winter season to maintain their softness and prettiness. There are many ways that you can apply to maintain your feet’ skin in the winter. So, we will explain some tips from experts below that you can follow to maintain the skin of your feet.
Soak your feet in warm water
This is the most usual way to maintain the skin softness of your feet. Many people prefer this way to maintain their feet’s skin softness because this is one of the oldest ways. Furthermore, you can easily scrub off your feet after soaking them in warm water. Therefore, this is one of the easiest ways to maintain the softness of feet’ skin. Many people don’t know exactly how to soak their feet in warm water and what to do after soaking them. So, we will explain all about this to make it easy for you before soaking your feet in warm water.
- First of all, you need to fill a tub with warm water. Then add half a cup of Epsom salt into the warm water inside the tub. After this, you can add some honey to it for an additional layer of dust. Furthermore, you can add some lavender oil in it to keep the soak smelling wonderful.
- After this, put your feet into the tub and soak them in it until the water turns cold.
- While soaking your feet in the tub, you can scrub your feet lightly by using a soft foot brush when the feet’ skin is soft enough from the soak of warm water.
- Then you need to dry your feet and put on a thick foot cream to soil in the moisture.
Apply Petroleum Jelly
This type is the classic therapy that avoids dry feet during the winter. Furthermore, this process works by sealing in the dry cracks on the feet. It adds a consistent moisturizing effect in this process which allows the skin to repair itself. Most people don’t know exactly how to apply petroleum jelly on the feet’ skin to maintain its softness of it. So, we will explain below about applying this on your feet’ skin to maintain its softness.
- You need to add 3 to 4 drops of rosehip oil to ¼ cup of petroleum jelly first. Then you need to mix it well to get a thick and smooth consistency.
- After mixing it well, apply it quite generously to your feet until it gets absorbed. Then you need to put on your socks.
- Experts recommend doing this at bedtime so that the therapy stays on your feet overnight.
The remedy of oil massage has always been a popular therapy for dry skin. Furthermore, oil massage deeply hydrates dry, rough, and cracked feet if you do it regularly. It avoids additional damage and promotes fast healing of your feet’ skin. Most people go to the salon for this service but some of them don’t feel comfortable. So, they can utilize salon services at home for oil massage to maintain the softness of their feet skin. Follow the steps below to apply oil massage on your feet properly.
- Before bedtime, clean your feet properly in warm water. Then dry any dust from your feet, especially between the toes.
- Take 1 tablespoon of each coconut oil, olive oil, and avocado oil and mix them. After mixing them, massage their blend all over your feet for at least 15 minutes.
- Then put on your socks to avoid staining your bed-sheet.
Try Chemical Peels
The purpose of exfoliation is to remove dead skin cells from the outer layer of the skin. Sometimes, feet lumps are too thick to be removed by regular exfoliation. Therefore, you need chemical peels to remove this kind of dead skin cells because these peels remove this stubborn collection of dead skin and run through the feet for hydrating treatments. This is why you should try chemical peels if you don’t feel any difference in your feet’ skin after regular exfoliation.
Pedicure is one of the most famous and modern therapies to maintain the softness of feet skin. Many people prefer to go to salons for this therapy but some of them don’t feel comfortable going to a salon. Therefore, many famous salons provide the service of manicure pedicure at home for the maintenance of feet skin. This is the best opportunity to utilize this service for people who don’t feel comfortable going to a salon.