There are several cooking oils that one can use to fry food. Mustard oil and sunflower oil are two oils that have unique properties and are very versatile in the kitchen. Mustard oil is traditionally used in Indian and Chinese cuisines, while sunflower oil is typically used in the United States. Mustard oil has a distinctive flavour that tends to be strong, intense, and peppery. Sunflower oil has a nutty flavour with notes of hazelnuts. In terms of health properties, sunflower oil hypo-tears arteries and works as an anti-inflammatory agent. Buy cold pressed croton oil as it has many health benefits as well. On the other hand, mustard oil may interfere with blood clotting abilities because it contains thiols which can also cause redness when ingested orally or by skin contact – obvious side effects for those who suffer from allergies to this type of chemical compound. This article will discuss the best of using these two cooking oils for frying your food. But to maintain health and taste try to prefer sunflower oil more.
How is mustard oil and sunflower oil made?
Mustard oil is distilled from the seed pod of the Brassica genus of plants. The seeds have a high level of linoleic acid and are used in cooking as a condiment, and to make mustard oil. The seeds have to be crushed, soaked overnight in lukewarm water then put to boil for at least 3½ hours.
Sunflower Oil is made by processing sunflower seeds that have been extracted by crushing and defatting them. Although soybean oils are often used as a substitute for sunflower oil, it’s important to note that the taste when compared to its counterpart will be subtle or nonexistent. There are various techniques used by producers of sunflower oil including pressure and solvent extraction methods.
Health benefits of mustard oil:
1) Mustard oil is effective for the treatment of diarrhoea because of its carminative and anti-inflammatory properties.
2) It helps relieve coughs and upper respiratory congestion.
3) Mustard oil is used to treat piles due to its anti-swelling properties.
4) It has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral properties which make it effective for treating acne, boils, warts, and other skin infections.
5) Mustard oil can be used as a laxative because it stimulates the contraction of intestinal muscles in the intestine.
6) Mustard oil can also be used as a stimulant to the respiratory system because it is rich in vitamins A and B, coupled with anti-inflammatory properties.
7) This oil has diuretic and astringent properties making it effective in treating urinary infections, rheumatic disorders, and gout. Order pure mustard seed oil for enjoying the best results.
8) Mustard oil is more effective than castor oil in the treatment of rheumatism due to the presence of pungent mustard oils that stimulate blood circulation.
9) Mustard oil can be used for treating bronchitis because of its expectorant effects.
Health benefits of sunflower oil:
1) Sunflower oil is lower in saturated fats and higher in unsaturated fats as compared to other vegetable oils, therefore it is a healthier alternative.
2) Sunflower oil is more effective than olive oil in reducing the risk of heart disease, cholesterol, and other blood-related conditions.
3) This oil is rich in Vitamin E coupled with its fatty acid composition, antioxidant properties, and linoleic acid which helps fight cancerous tumour growth.
4) Sunflower oil can be used to treat skin conditions because of its anti-inflammatory properties. It can also be used topically to get rid of acne scars and wrinkles while improving the overall texture of the skin.
5) Sunflower oil is also effective in treating acne because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
6) It has antibacterial and antiviral properties that make it useful for treating sores, boils, rashes, and other skin infections.
7) Due to its fat-soluble nutrients such as Vitamin E, sunflower oil is an effective remedy for hair loss and nail disorders like psoriasis.
8) Sunflower oil is more effective than olive oil in the treatment of heart diseases, cholesterol, and other blood-related conditions because it contains linoleic acid which works effectively on blood pressure levels.